Skip to main content

Week 15a: Marketing Strategy

 Planning a social media marketing strategy for The Painting Dummy hasn’t been easy.  “Learning as I do”, was always meant lightheartedly, until I have found myself actually “doing” it. This journey has been eye opening and encouraging.

With The Painting Dummy barely a forming concept right now, I think the best way to grow will be repeated little steps building on the last. The best platform I see spending the most time on right now will be FaceBook. This platform integrates many of the features for marketing and promoting The Painting Dummy at an affordable cost.  The analytics that FaceBook offers to investigate new strategies of posting and promoting the business though not as in-depth or far reaching as Google Analytics, is tailored to the platform. This offers deeper insight to my followers if not a wider one.

Along with the FaceBook Platform, I will still be using Instagram and cross posting to FaceBook between scheduled FaceBook posts. The visual media of both platforms lends themselves well with the visual nature of painting Table Top Miniatures. The feed back from both platforms will be a great help in planning out future projects to showcase. I like the convenience of posting images to Instagram, with all the feedback and interaction with the posts on FaceBook.

To make a serious go of The Painting Dummy, I will probably need to spend at least 2 to 3 hours a week dedicated to Social Media interactions and marketing, besides the posting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - Blog Theme

  I chose the Notable Coral theme to start with. The color scheme first caught my eye. The bright coral color against the black background stood out among the gallery of themes on offer. It also came with a clean simple design and I knew I was going to want to modify it a bit, so thought that would make an easier place to start from. Notable Coral, I noticed, was way more dynamic in adapting to platform sizes than some of the other themes. In this new era of smart phones and tablets that more and more people are using to view internet pages on, I thought that this would be a plus for any direction I would be going in with this blog. I think it would be better for more people on whatever device they prefer to have an enjoyable experience when interacting with this blog or any website. I like the options of customizing the themes that Blogger provides. For this Notable Coral theme, I changed the Title font and color, the font of the main body text, and how vivid the coral color is. I add

Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

      http://gatesnfences.com/     http://jamilin.com/ These two websites have some problems, to say the least. The Ease of use, or more like, the lack of Ease of use on both sites makes it almost imposable to locate what you may be looking for if you went to the websites as a search result. Neither use Contrast very well. What contrast that is used pull attention away from relevant information about product or links to that information. Typography use is basic at best if it was even thought of. Both at least picked a sans seraph font. Neither of these sites come across as projecting any kind of professionalism in either the design or more safely, in the company they were designed for.   A couple of improvements could drastically change the perception of both websites. A more contrasting color scheme would change the overall appearance dramatically. Both should pay attention to where the colors could be used to build a hierarchy in the page. Proximity could be used to better illustrate

Week 8: Expanding Your Reach

 Lucky for me, The Painting Dummy is very visual. Painting miniature war-games models is a very visual medium. It’s almost difficult to explain through  descriptions without the visual media to accompany it. I found four other similar Instagram pages to look at a little closer. The comparison of followers to likes on the individual posts kind of threw me off. It confused me a little. The largest company I looked at is Warhammer Official with 265 thousand followers but only has a 3% follower to like ratio. The one with the least followers I looked at is Jarek Westermark with 3,653 followers, but their like ratio is way way higher at 33%. I averaged these out to get the percentages, so approximately. I’m not sure where this leaves my analysis, except the smaller pages look like they have more engagement with their audience. All of these pages post at least every other day. This is a goal I will be setting for my own page. I’ll be needing to get a head start on my painting projects of cou