Skip to main content

Week 15a: Marketing Strategy

 Planning a social media marketing strategy for The Painting Dummy hasn’t been easy.  “Learning as I do”, was always meant lightheartedly, until I have found myself actually “doing” it. This journey has been eye opening and encouraging.

With The Painting Dummy barely a forming concept right now, I think the best way to grow will be repeated little steps building on the last. The best platform I see spending the most time on right now will be FaceBook. This platform integrates many of the features for marketing and promoting The Painting Dummy at an affordable cost.  The analytics that FaceBook offers to investigate new strategies of posting and promoting the business though not as in-depth or far reaching as Google Analytics, is tailored to the platform. This offers deeper insight to my followers if not a wider one.

Along with the FaceBook Platform, I will still be using Instagram and cross posting to FaceBook between scheduled FaceBook posts. The visual media of both platforms lends themselves well with the visual nature of painting Table Top Miniatures. The feed back from both platforms will be a great help in planning out future projects to showcase. I like the convenience of posting images to Instagram, with all the feedback and interaction with the posts on FaceBook.

To make a serious go of The Painting Dummy, I will probably need to spend at least 2 to 3 hours a week dedicated to Social Media interactions and marketing, besides the posting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10: Email Marketing

 With such a visual business like The Painting Dummy, I would expect to send an e-mail newsletter about once a month. The long interval of time between the sending is allowing for time to create content for the website and social media outlets. A shorter interval would create quit a time crunch for the work involved in modeling and painting steps. A newsletter for this business would be as informative as possible and could include: painting techniques - showing how certain techniques are done construction - wether a hard build or showcasing a special ‘Kit-bash” basing - material ideas and techniques for basing your models kinds of paints - new paints on the market, comparing and contrasting paint manufacturers tools - new tools, new tool techniques, glue - best types of glue for the materials we are working with I think anyone that would sign up to follow this e-mail newsletter would like the information I could provide as another opinion or new way of doing a technique they haven’...

Week 1 - Blog Theme

  I chose the Notable Coral theme to start with. The color scheme first caught my eye. The bright coral color against the black background stood out among the gallery of themes on offer. It also came with a clean simple design and I knew I was going to want to modify it a bit, so thought that would make an easier place to start from. Notable Coral, I noticed, was way more dynamic in adapting to platform sizes than some of the other themes. In this new era of smart phones and tablets that more and more people are using to view internet pages on, I thought that this would be a plus for any direction I would be going in with this blog. I think it would be better for more people on whatever device they prefer to have an enjoyable experience when interacting with this blog or any website. I like the options of customizing the themes that Blogger provides. For this Notable Coral theme, I changed the Title font and color, the font of the main body text, and how vivid the coral color is. I...

14b: Social Media Analytics

 The information provided by the FaceBook data, though not as detailed as the Google Analytics, is still very useful. I can see which type of posts get the most interactions and can infer from this information why they are getting the most interactions. Visual story telling along with concise copy and informative details seem to be the best path to interactions along with the time of the posts. This is definitely information I can use to design future posts to interact with my followers and gain new followers.